Call me a cheeseball—you wouldn’t be the first—but, I love a good quote! In fact, I kind of collect them. I’ve had a quotebook for as long as I can remember. In it, I jot down meaningful quotes that I hear and read. Then, I sometimes read through my little quote book and it makes me feel all warm and mushy inside. I have quotes in my book about everything. So, I thought I’d start sharing some of my favorites with you. Here’s my first batch—my favorite quotes about relationships.
- “Intense love does not measure, it just gives.” – Mother Teresa
What a perfect quote to come from someone who has dedicated her life to helping others, right? Of course, Mother Teresa probably isn’t talking about a romantic relationship here, but I think it completely applies.
- “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” – Washington Irving
This is a quote I read every time I go through a break up. Loving someone is never a waste. It makes you a better person and makes your heart richer.
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
So true. Being truly loved feels so good because you know that you’re loved fully.
- “Come sleep with me: We won’t make Love, Love will make us.” – Julio Cortázar
How beautiful, right? The idea of being made by love instead of making love. This one really gets me.
- “We may love the wrong person or cry for the wrong reason. But one thing is sure, mistakes help us find the right person.” – Unknown
Just a reminder that we’re always on a path to our one true person and mistakes happen for a very good reason.
- “A successful relationship requires falling in love multiple times, but always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
I think about this every time David does something sweet for me. I really do feel like I’m falling in love with anew each time and this quote captures that feeling so well.
- “All relationships have one law. Never make the one you love feel alone, especially when you’re there.” – Unknown
I love that the responsibility to make your partner feel together rests on you. Often, it’s the lonely person that’s blamed for being too needy, but it’s up to each partner to fulfill the other’s needs.
- “There are all kinds of love in the world, but never the same love twice.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Remember this when you’re trying to compare your relationships or wondering why your boyfriend isn’t exactly like your friend’s. It’s because no two relationships are quite the same.
- “Sometimes you can’t explain what you see in a person. It’s just the way they take you to a place where no one else can.” – Unknown
This describes what a great relationship feels like perfectly to me. This amazing journey to a mystery destination.
10.“RelationSHIPS sink when they have too many passengers.” – Unknown
It’s really about you two. Don’t let there be too many cooks in your love kitchen.
Hope you all love these quotes as much as I do!