Not ready to go under the knife? Well you’re in luck. Having plastic surgery isn’t the only option when it comes to achieving a more youthful appearance.
In fact, at Aesthetic Enhancements by Dr. Armando Soto, it’s a common occurrence for a patient to come in for a surgery consultation with Dr. Soto, only to be recommended for a non-invasive procedure with yours truly, or even a skin care treatment with our medical Aesthetician.
So why is that? Often times, the complaints that patients have regarding fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin on the face can simply be treated through non-surgical methods. These methods allow patients to have little to no downtime, a fast recovery, and will still help them to achieve the results that they’re looking for.
While it’s common practice for our team at Aesthetic Enhancements by Dr. Armando Soto to refer patients to one another based on their specific needs, that is not always the case at other cosmetic enhancement offices. For this reason, it is essential that you do your due diligence when researching places to receive your treatment. Each clinic should be run by a board-certified plastic surgeon that has a track record of success, and most importantly, is someone who you can trust.
Below, I’ve included two types of procedures that can help to give you that young, refreshed look, without having to have surgery. Other treatments that can be equally beneficial, but require multiple treatments, include Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peels – both of which can be performed by a licensed medical Aesthetician.
In addition to skin care treatments, always remember to apply an SPF daily, drink plenty of water, eat foods that are jam-packed with antioxidants, and use a medical-grade daily skin care regimen to keep skin looking healthy and revitalized.
“Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.” –Sophia Loren
All of these things combined will be sure to leave you feeling more youthful and confident, while everyone else will be left guessing how many candles there will be on your next birthday cake.
I look forward to keeping you all updated on the latest trends in aging gracefully through non-invasive aesthetic treatments. If you have any questions or comments on aging or non-surgical treatments, please feel free to reach out to me through the Aesthetic Enhancements Twitter page – @DrArmandoSoto.
- An effective method for removing the outer layer of skin
- A lengthier procedure, laser treatments can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the area being treated
- Recovery time varies and can take anywhere from 7-14 days
- Effective at focusing on and eradicating specific problem areas
- Side effects: Redness, swelling
- Fixes: Fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, brown spots, large pores, t-zone oiliness, uneven skin tone and texture, acne scars, sun damage
Botox and Fillers
- Some of the most effective treatments for achieving a youthful look with little to no downtime
- Botox relaxes the muscle, while fillers smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- A procedure with Botox and fillers can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes, based on the goals of the patient
- Side effects: Redness, swelling
- Fixes: Fine Lines and wrinkles, frown lines, volume loss, tired eyes, deep bands on neck